Here are 4 effective slimming aids: Fiber, omega-3, calcium, and vitamin D. Fiber makes you full faster.
Omega-3 affects hormones that control fat storage.
Calcium causes the fat cells to release more fat, at the same time as the absorption of fat by the fat cells is reduced.
Vitamin D enhances this effect. Together with calcium, vitamin D is a super-couple.This “four-band” can be your good helpers on the road to a slimmer body. They are healthy too!
Fredrik Paulun is a famous nutritional physiologist. “Fiber is a part of the food that does not contribute calories, but still gives a good feeling of satiety, better blood sugar balance, and better intestinal flora, ” says Paulun.
– All this has a positive effect on weight.
– Omega-3 makes the blood flow more easily, which in turn leads to fat-burning increasing when you exercise. In addition, omega-3 should affect the hormone balance in a way that makes you burn more fat.
– Calcium reduces the fat absorption in the intestine and stimulates the fat cells to release more fat for fat burning.
– Vitamin D increases insulin sensitivity, which results in better fat burning and better health in general. Not only food but also sunlight can contribute to vitamin D.
Foods that are high in fiber are also often low in calories. It makes you full faster, and the feeling of satiety lasts longer.
It is important to drink plenty of water with this food, to make the fiber as easily soluble as possible in the stomach!
Fiber-rich foods do not cause blood sugar to fluctuate too much – which in turn is important for fat storage. If you eat foods that provide a steady blood sugar level, you get less fat storage.
Good sources of fiber are whole grains, wholemeal bread, crispbread, legumes, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits, and berries.
You can also buy fiber supplements at the pharmacy or health food store, either as powder or pills.
– Fiber has good effects when it comes to weight control, especially this so-called water-soluble fiber that you find in vegetables, legumes, fruits, berries, and nuts, but also in oats:
– The fiber swells in the stomach and contributes to increased satiety. It also delays the emptying of the stomach and contributes to more stable blood sugar (lower GI). Water-soluble fiber contributes to healthier intestinal flora. What kind of intestinal flora you have plays a very big role in the development of overweight or in weight loss, new research shows.
A saying goes that fat should burn fat, and that is exactly right. If you lose weight by cutting out too much fat, your body will think it’s starvation. Thus, it slows down the fat-burning to keep the fat it has to survive. This in turn means that the diet does not work properly.
Omega-3 is considered to be one of the healthiest fats you can get in you.Omega-3 reduces inflammatory conditions in the body and seems to have a good effect on insulin resistance. This is a condition where the insulin in the body does not work as well as it should, which affects, among other things, fat storage.
Omega-3 is an essential fatty acid that is primarily found in fatty fish. That it essentially means that the body cannot produce it itself and must therefore have it supplied from outside.
Fish cause the level of leptin to increase in the body. Leptin is a hormone that, among other things, helps to control metabolism: The higher the level, the better the fat-burning, to put it simply.
Omega-3 should also have a soothing effect on stress. According to VG, fish oil lowers the production of the stress hormone cortisol. Adrenaline is also a stress hormone that can contribute to increased fat storage in the body, also the level of this should be lowered when you get omega-3.
An Australian study showed that overweight women who were put on a diet high in omega-3s lost a lot of weight.
Here you will find omega-3
Good sources of omega-3 are oily fish, such as salmon, trout, herring, and mackerel.
If you are not able to eat a lot of oily fish, you can get several types of omega-3 shots: cod liver oil, oils, and capsules. You can buy this at a pharmacy, health food, or grocery store.
– Obese people have so-called leptin resistance. It occurs simultaneously with insulin resistance, which leads to increased fat storage and poor appetite regulation. OMEGA 3 and more specifically the omega 3 fatty acid DHA from oily fish/cod liver oil/krill seem to help with this condition.
According to Forskning.no, studies show that high calcium intake causes fat cells to release more fat.
Calcium is also said to reduce fat absorption in the intestine and thus act as a weak, natural diet pill. It probably happens in the way that the substances in the intestine that break down fat become a little less effective. Thus, more of the fat go “straight-through” and ends up in the toilet.
Here you will find calcium?
Good sources of calcium are primarily dairy products, although almost all foods contain calcium. There is as much calcium in skim milk products as in fat.
Fish, shellfish and vegetables, almonds, nuts, dried fruits, and cereals also have a lot of calcium.
You can also buy calcium supplements both at pharmacies and in health food stores.
– Calcium can have an effect when it comes to reducing fat absorption. It seems that the best effect on weight reduction is achieved by consuming calcium together with protein-rich foods, such as yogurt, cottage cheese, kesam, or Skyr.
– Calcium and protein enhance each other’s effect when taken together, probably because protein increases the feeling of satiety and metabolism.
Several health studies suggest a link between vitamin D and obesity.
Overweight people have lower levels of vitamin D than normal-weight people. This may be because they have a greater amount of fat in the body, and vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin. Furthermore, it is likely that overweight people sunbathe less. The more you weigh, the less vitamin D you have in your blood, and the more supplements you need.
Vitamin D helps increase the uptake of calcium into many of the body’s cell types, including fat cells.
Here you will find vitamin d?
You add vitamin D to your body if you are out in the sun: Even a quarter of an hour with the sun on your skin in the summer should provide a sufficient daily dose of vitamin D if most of your body gets sunlight. Then the body makes as much vitamin D as you find in 30 teaspoons of cod liver oil! It does not hold that only the face gets sun, and the use of factor blocks the formation of vitamin D. It is, therefore, best that you first get 15 minutes of sun without protection, and then you use a sunscreen with a factor if you are going to be longer than this in the sun.
Good sources of vitamin D are sunshine (best), but also to some extent food: Oily fish, eggs, butter, and yellow cheese.
Vitamin D supplements are available as pills, either at pharmacies or health food stores. A skin cream with vitamin D has also been developed. One pump pressure with cream should correspond to one hour in the sun.– Low levels of vitamin D, which can be obtained from, among other things, too little sun on the skin, seem to be associated with a higher incidence of obesity. Diseases such as diabetes 1 and 2, heart disease, a number of cancers, chronic inflammation, and autoimmune diseases such as arthritis and MS can also be associated with low vitamin D levels. The fact that overweight people have lower levels of this vitamin is due to the fact that vitamin D is fat-soluble, and higher fat mass means that more of the vitamin is stored in fat and less of it circulates in the blood.
– Lack of vitamin d is associated with insulin resistance, which predisposes to obesity, especially around the waist. Normalization of vitamin D levels improves insulin sensitivity and can indirectly facilitate weight loss.